Friday, January 20, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas

We really enjoyed our Christmas this year. We have still been in recovery mode but we decided to just keep it simple, yet thoughtful for the things we did for those we loved as we remembered our Saviour Jesus Christ this holiday season. 

Our girls actually slept until about 7:00 a.m. which was surprising to me. I expected a much earlier rising now that the girls are getting older. Shayla even refused to get up and see what was in her presents when we asked her to get up. She would have slept longer, but a second prompting from Ally lifted her spirits right out of bed. 

I am not sure why we didn't get a picture of the kitchen that Josh made the girls, I'll have to take one and put it on here later. That was a fun project to do together and the girls love it and play with it all the time making food and playing restaurhaunt (that's how they always say it).

 Ally and Brya patiently waiting (sort of) to open their presents.


 These are the little bags I made for the girls for church and car trips to help keep them occupied. This was a great use of some old jeans and fabric I had on hand with a notebook and twistable colored pencils. That is a great shot of Josh yawning in the background too. Does anyone get to sleep at a decent time on Christmas Eve?


Grandma and Grandpa Sylvester sent the girls their very own jewelry boxes and bracelets, now the girls say they need rings because they don't have anything to put in the ring drawer. They also gave us that picture of the temple and some fun family night blocks and lessons. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa/Mom and Dad Sylvester, we love you!


 I just had to include this picture of Shayla with her princess accessories because she is making such a great face. Lately she keeps telling us to call her princess and then tells us exactly what to say when we call her princess. "Say I love you Princess"


Eli got some great new shoes and this cuddly lamb that he loves so much he wants to eat it! Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Sylvester!


 My mom made the girls these super cute dresses that the girls just love! They enjoyed posing for the pictures as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment