Monday, August 30, 2010

The Ladybug Blanket


I made this blanket several months ago, but I spent around 60 hours making it so I had to put some pictures on here about it. Right now it isn't even getting used because we switched around our beds to make room for our foreign exchange student Jessica. It is made mostly out of some sheets and comforters that we already owned. I just bought a little thread and a few fun fabrics to dress it up a little bit. It is actually really wide for a comforter because I wanted to make it so I could cut it in half one day so Brya and Ally could each have their own twin blanket. So it is kind of a beast and barely fits in our washer but it fits and has been washed a dozen times already! I originally bought enough fabric to make some curtains to match the quilt but I think instead I will make a small one for Shayla . . . someday.

I even made matching shams because I really really like it when things match.

I actually made this lady bug myself and stitched it on. I was really nervous at first that it wouldn't look good but after it was all embroidered I was really happy with how it turned out. Every once in a while I have to complete some kind of project and feel that joy of completing something. It can be so frustrating to spend the majority of my time cooking and cleaning and never have it be completed. It is worth the effort but sometimes I need to enjoy something that is complete that can't be undone by a few hours or a few kids playing around the house.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you go!! Super darling! Finished projects are the best. How fun that you'll be hosting a foreign exchange student! Where is she from? Love the family pictures!

    ReplyDelete