Friday, September 10, 2010

A Boy in Washington with a Foreign Exchange Student!

We have had a lot of exciting things happen in our family the last couple weeks so I'll start with the most recent ones first and move backwards. It's late and I am very tired so I am going to keep most of this brief and I'll get on later to talk about things in more detail.

Item number 1:

My husband does have y-chromosomes after all! We are expecting our first baby boy!

Item number 2:

Josh has accepted a job and we are moving to Moses Lake, Washington within a few weeks.

Item number 3:

We signed up to be a host family for a foreign exchange student so now we have a teenage daughter! Her name is Jessica and she is from Mexico. She is very sweet and she will be moving with us to Washington so we are excited to get to spend 9 or so more months with her.

This is Brya and Ally waiting for Jessica with their signs at the airport.

This is Jessica her second day here.


Item number 4:

Brya just finished her second week of first grade and has really enjoyed it and has blossomed in a lot of ways. This is her after her first day of school relaxing on our bed. She has really grown a lot in the past two weeks and has gotten over a lot of the shyness she used to have.

So that is the gist of it all I suppose. We have a lot of things to get done and figure out in the next couple weeks but we are excited about the new changes in our lives and look forward to what lies ahead. I do have to say it will be hard to leave our good friends behind here in Vegas but at least we will be able to keep in touch through all these crazy social networking sites!

4 comments:

  1. That is such fun new changes for you guys! I'm glad you are excited for it all! Congrats on the boy, Y chromosome, hehehe. Good luck with the move, my sis-in-law lives in Spokane, only 2 hours from you, we just might have to do a double visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that little boy! And, what a fun move to Washington. I'm jealous. Can we come visit you next August when we are burning up here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all of the above. You will be missed, but I'll admit I'm a little jealous. I'll bet it's beautiful (and blessedly cool) in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't wait to come and visit you sometime - it will be fun to keep posted also with your blog.

    ReplyDelete