Sunday, April 3, 2011

Eli's Blessing

We blessed Eli the weekend of my sister's wedding on March 20th in my parents ward in Burley, Idaho. The little guy barely fit into his blessing clothes. The neck barely fit and we could only button one of the buttons on the bottom because his thighs were so big. He was about 11 weeks old and I am glad we didn't have to wait any longer because I am sure his blessing outfit would not have fit him if we had.  






Eli again on his blessing day with Great Grandpa Bates. I love that my grandpa loves holding all his little grandchildren. I wish my girls weren't so shy so they could get more time with him. He was able to coax Shayla pretty quickly on his lap with the help of a story book. I wasn't able to get a picture of that because I was hobbling around in walking boot trying to get a million other things done for lunch and to get read to go that day.



All the girls had their hair curled by Aunt Megan that morning so we got some glamour shots of their beautiful selves.


Ally's hair looked really cute with her new dress from Grandma Sylvester. It was a fifties look with a 2011 twist to it. 


This is Cindy Lou Who...I mean Shayla. I couldn't believe how much Megan was able to curl her hair. I didn't think it was long enough to get as much curl as she did. 



Here is Josh's brother Dave with his fiance Nicole. They came down to join us for Eli's blessing. This was the first time we got to meet Nicole so that was nice. They are getting married at the end of May so we are excited that we will get to see everyone again in a couple of months. 




Nick and Amy also came down for the blessing and unfortunately Nick just barely missed standing in the circle. They got to hear it from the foyer though. We were still really glad they came and enjoyed getting to spend a little time with them.




These are the two newest Sylvester cousins. Eli and Luke. I can't remember how old Luke is, I think three or four months older than Eli. They both look very serious.




Brya and cousin Lydia running around at my mom's house. All of our kids and Nick and Amy's children are the same age and gender. It is fun visiting with them because everyone gets a cousin to play with.




Her is my brother Adam, his wife Casey and my sister Megan working hard to get lunch made for everyone. We had one of our family favorites Chinese Chicken Salad along with some other things which I can't even remember right now. I really miss everyone already! It was so great having everyone together even if it was only for a short time.




Here is Ally in her beautiful new dress from grandma Sylvester with her cousin Kendra. The girls had tons of fun together. I love that there are cousins for my girls to play with when we visit our family. My cousins were some of my best friends growing up and I am excited for them to have their own cousins to grow up with. 

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! Kristen got married??? The Kristen I met and seems so young? Congrats to he! Eli looks so dignified!

    ReplyDelete