Once there was a little girl who came to her family on her parent's nine month anniversary. Then she grew up way too fast and now she is eight and getting baptized.
The Birthday Bash
| No I don't know why I am so cute or why I keep growing so fast. |
"Cake soup" is what this got named after
it didn't turn out how we hoped, but it
still tasted pretty good.
|
These top two pictures are from a fun little family night birthday party we had with some friends. Brya even opened the party with a little hula hooping routine she put together with Ally and her friend Savannah. It was pretty good. It has been exciting for us to watch Brya grow from being painfully shy to this out going and talented girl. She still surprises me with things she does now in front of people.
The Baptism
Brya has taken her baptismal covenants very seriously and I understands what she has promised to do:
Take the name of Christ upon her
Always remember him
Keep his commandments
Serve others
Brya has always been very thoughtful and has looked for ways to help those around her, but that gift really bloomed after she was baptized. She is trying to do what is right and says sorry when she makes mistakes. She is frequently looking for ways to serve those around her. I see what she does at home for me and her dad, brother and sisters and with the neighbors. Lately she goes across the street and sweeps the neighbors driveway when they are not home. This is something that they need to do often because they are washing muddy jeeps off after taking them out off-roading.
Here are some more pictures we took before her baptism. Brya made a great choice on this special day and I know it will bring her further truth and happiness as she continues down this path.
| Brya with Grandma and Grandpa Rice |
| Aunt Kristin and Uncle Blaine came, yea! |
| "Dad don't forget to step on my feet." (She kept telling her dad this so her feet wouldn't float up after he put her under the water.) |
| Grandma and Grandpa Sylvester with Brya and her Daddy. |
The Celebration Afterwords!
| I am just being silly |
| Brya loves sushi! |
| Thanks Cindy for making the fun cake pops. They were a hot item. |
| Here is the whole spread. If we had more food it would have been eaten, but we put out everything and it was pretty much all gone except the massive tomato and cucumber salad. |
| Ally and Siayla hanging out in the backyard. |
| Brya and her buddy Annaka who all but lives next door. We love having their family so close. |
| Uncle Blaine was often mistaken for playground equipment. He was a good sport though and got more exercise than he was expecting during his visit with us, I think. |

So wonderful Brya! Congrats on turning 8!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chelsea, I will pass on the message to Brya. We sure do miss you guys!
DeleteCan't believe how much she has grown. What a lovely young lady. Congratulations, Brya!
ReplyDeleteTasha, obviously I am late getting caught up with this post but WOW- when did these kids get so old? And you made that dress? It's GORGEOUS! I want one!
ReplyDelete