This post is a day late because I just couldn't get it finished in time. But I still had to put it up here because I love and appreciate all that these men in my life and they have meant so much to me. Especially my Heavenly Father, I know I am His daughter and he has given me everything I have. Like all these amazing men for instance.
 |
| I just got this picture from my Mom and I love it! |
This is my Grandpa Monty Bates. He has been a great source of strength in my life. I have been able to get a lot of great advice from him and he has been a constant source of peace and comfort for me.
 |
| Here is my dad's father, Cecil Rice with Brya when she was just a little baby. |
I know were my dad gets his sense of humor and lively step from, this man right here. I have loved hearing him tell great stories about his life and learned recently that he was also a great influence in the life of my other grandfather. I love you grandpa, I just found out yesterday that you won't even recognize me if you saw me or talked to me on the phone and that made me very sad. But I know that this life is not the end of things and some day you will be made whole again after this life. Our Redeemer, Jesus Christ has made that possible when the time is right. I miss you and your great smile.
 |
| My dad and me at Kristin's wedding. |
My dad has sacrificed and worked so hard to take care of his family and I know I will never be able to repay him for all he has done for me. I love our long talks we get to have and to see you playing with my children. Someday we will live closer and get to see each other a little more often. I love you dad.
 |
| Here is Rodney Sylvester also holding Brya when she was just a tiny little one. |
Rod is a great example to me and has always made me feel so welcome into his family. When I think of him I am reminded of working hard and then playing harder! (Then of course crashing into a restful nights sleep so you can do it again the next day.) He is genuine and kind and I am so grateful to be a part of his family.
 |
| Josh and Eli from our last family photo shoot. |
Josh, thank for being such a great father to our children and a great husband to me. I love you and so often I thank God I have you in my life! It is so easy to remember all of the great reasons to love you, I couldn't ask for a better father to our children. Someday they are going to realize it too. Brya admitted today that she was spoiled even though she has to do chores and doesn't get everything she wants.
Just a funny side note to this being a day late, Josh got an early Father's Day celebration because I thought it was the week before. I can't seem to do much at the right time lately. A new friend described me as always being late and it made me very sad. Someday I will be punctual again.
What a great post! I love how you honored the dads in your life. Just so you know, I think being on time is way over-rated! :) We had a wonderful time seeing you all when you were in Vegas (minus Josh though!) and hopefully we can get together again sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteTasha, welcome to the "always late" club! I'm pretty sure I'm president (no one has challenged me on that!). Anyway, what a sweet post! So...you want to come visit?? =) We're all moved in and painting like nuts. And my kids have nothing to do. All day long. Argh!
ReplyDelete