Sorry I have no pictures to put with this post because I have no camera. I have no camera because some men decided to come into my house at around 6:30 a.m. and help themselves to whatever they could find that they felt was worth the effort to take. Luckily I woke up to one of the men trying to get into Josh's gun case and he told me, "Go back to sleep, I was just checking on you." How considerate of him to "check on me" while he and his friends were stealing our things and violating our home and family. Thankfully he decided to leave right after I woke up and he took his friends with him.
December 29, 2012 three men got into our car. We think that we probably forgot to lock it up since we got home late the night before and made several trips taking sleeping children into the house. Inside our car was our garage door opener and they were able to go through the garage and find another unlocked door into our home. Really it was like we had an invitation on our doors saying "please walk right in and steal our stuff." The funny thing is we lived in Las Vegas for five years without any incidence such as this; I guess living in a small town and not hearing every few days about someone getting robbed or their property broken into made us relax a little.
The good thing is we are all okay. We have added some extra locks and security measures and even added a heaven sent dog to our family to help us feel safe again. It feels terrible to feel violated in such a way as this. We even rearranged all our bedrooms and that has helped us feel more comfortable in our home. I am just thankful that I woke up when I did and that the men left immediately. We didn't lose much in property just the previously mentioned camera, Josh's work phone and a couple of MP3 players. Our computer was out on the drive way and about $45.00 cash was gone from my purse but we still have our computer and they didn't take anything else out of my purse besides the cash. I am so thankful for the feeling of peace we were given when we were in the middle of the ordeal. I knew we were going to be okay and that we were given that peace through the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father knew what was happening to us and he didn't leave us alone.
It has been about a week and a half and it is still difficult to feel safe sometimes. The men are still walking around free somewhere. Maybe in four to six months we will get the finger print results back and they will be able to arrest someone. Maybe not. We are also blessed to have great mental health insurance right now. The scriptures have been a great comfort and I know that even though this happened we have been and will be protected. I think we still have a rough road ahead of us, but we aren't given anything that we can't handle with our Savior, Jesus Christ by our sides. So hopefully we can learn what we need to learn and gain the strength we need to move on and face the next obstacle (hopefully with a little break in between.)
So please take care and I hope that all of you reading this can say that you always lock your doors and have never had anyone take your things or get into your home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are so proud of you guys for how you have handled this situation. We are praying for you and are standing by to help in any way that we can!
ReplyDelete-- Jeremy and Tami
Wow! I am so glad you were not physically harmed! I know the emotional harm will take some time. We send our love and prayers. Give those girls and boy of yours a big hug for us.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! Tasha, you guys are in our prayers and thoughts.
ReplyDeleteOh scary!! I'm so glad you are all okay and that you have had The Spirit to comfort you! It makes me feel so much better knowing that I'm not crazy to lock the door to the garage, David thinks I'm a little over the top. Not anymore!! I'll definitely pray for you as you work through this. Loves!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys are all safe. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. It's hard to just move on with normal life after stuff like that, but I'm glad you guys are doing OK.
ReplyDelete