My sweet Shayla is 3 years old as of the 6th of this month. We had a fun family party. I was going to invite some friends to help us celebrate but I just couldn't get it together enough to actually make it happen. We had lots of fun anyway.
Ally was right there and kept "accidentally" blowing out the candles that Shayla kept missing. Shayla really wanted to blow them out but she also didn't want to get close to the flames. She kept moving further and further away from the cake.
I think we relit this one candle so Shayla could actually blow it out. (Ally accidentally got most of them and Josh wanted to get a good blowing picture.)
So isn't this cake beautiful (okay picture it on a fancy plate that is not made of paper, like I said earlier, my energy tank is running on empty.) We actually just had this cake for dinner. It was delicious. All of the kids loved it. And the crazy thing is it was made from berries, coconut whipped cream and whole wheat waffles. I think this may be a new birthday dinner tradition. (We also had some green smoothies to go with it.) Which was a great break from all the super sweets after Halloween and Thanksgiving with Christmas and another birthday to follow.
Here are a few fun things about Shayla right now:
She always wants her hair in pig tails, only she points to her head with both hands and says, "I want it like that and like that."
She also has to wear a skirt or a pretty pretty dress everyday, no exceptions and she usually wants to get dressed with in minutes of waking up. Pajamas just are not fancy enough to wear for anything but sleeping in bed.
In the mornings if she realizes her hair hasn't been fixed she will grab it and say, "my hair is ruined!"
As you may have noticed from the previous things about Shayla she likes to look nice and that includes being clean. She cannot stand for any amount of time having anything wet or dirty on her. Sometimes it is a little overwhelming when she wants things wiped off immediately and she can't move on with her life or with her body until it is taken care of. Mostly I am enjoying having a child who makes very little mess and is actually pretty good at cleaning up if it is her idea.
Shayla also loves her baby "bruder" Eli. She is very sweet with him and they are a lot a like.
One of my favorite things about Shayla is she is always happy to see us whether the girls are home from school, she has just woken up or I come in from taking the garbage out she will run up to who ever is home and tell them that she missed them and give a great big hug.
Shayla we love you!


Happy birthday! Tasha, I want the recipe for the birthday "cake"! The coconut whipped cream especially.
ReplyDeleteTasha, LOVE the picture of Shayla blowing ou the candle! I love the look on her face!
ReplyDelete