Saturday, April 18, 2009

Speaking Allyish

So Ally is in this kick lately where she want's to make up her own language. I have decided to call it Allyish and that is what it will be refered to from now on. She was teaching me how to say "mother" in Allyish the other day at breakfast and it had so many syllables I wouldn't even be able to come close to recreating it right now. The tricky part of Allyish is using the right hand gestures while you speak it. For example, when you say "mother" (in Allyish of course) you have to point staight ahead of you while you say it or you aren't saying it right.

Tonight she named a bunch of kittens in a story we were reading with names that were definately Allyish and I wish I wrote them down as she was saying them so I could give you a better idea of what this language sounds like.

I do have one example of a word from Allyish I can give you but it comes with a little story. Stephanie McMillan called and asked if I could watch her niece a few days ago and I agreed and a little later was telling Ally that a friend was going to come over and play with her. Ally said, "what's her name?"
I replied, "I don't know."
"How about we call her Ehga?"
"Sure, I guess we can call her that until we know her real name."

So Ehga is a girls name in Allyish. Sorry that is the only taste I can give you right now.

This is actually reminding me of when I was in high school and my best friend Kari Hadden taught me this language that she made up and it actually was a lot of fun and we were able to be really rude and say secret things in front of people that they couldn't understand...unless they were around us a lot and listened really close because it was pretty easy to figure out. So here is a sample of our language, let me know if you can figure it out.

Mong yong hong u song bong a nong dong i song hong o tong!

Kari if you read this don't give it away.

5 comments:

  1. That is very similar to a "language" I learned in Middle school, only it was like this... monga yonga honga u songa bonga a nonga donga i songa honga o tonga tonga o o. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! So maybe my friend didn't make it up, maybe someone else taught her. That is really close. I can't believe we were roommates for so long and didn't know we both knew (almost the same) language. We could have totally communicated even with the little difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute that she is making up a language! And I would have to make the same guess as the above person. Is she right?

    ReplyDelete