Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Great Grandparent Trip

A few weeks ago we went on a last minute trip to visit our girls Great Grandparents. Both sets of my grandparents still live in the same town in Susanville, California. The girls got to spend lots of time with their Great Grandma and Grandpa Bates while we were there. Their Grandma and Grandpa Rice were out of town and since our trip was taken with very little planning we didn't know when they were getting back. Much to our pleasure they came back in town the day before we were going to head home so we got to spend some time with them before we left. It would have been so sad to go up there and not get to see them.

This is Ally with Great Grandma Wilma Rice.


Shayla got the most pictures with everyone because she was the easiest to hold and would actually stay in a lap longer than 10 seconds. She is sitting with her Great Grandpa Cecil Rice.

I love the shirt Shayla's Great Grandma Janene Bates is wearing. I wish I knew what number Shayla was in the great grandkid count. I know they have at least 50 but I think they may be in the 60's.


This is one of the things the great grandkids are going to remember their Grandpa Monty Bates for, I know this is something he does with a lot of the kids when they are around. This is my girls second time getting to ride lawnmower with grandpa. I looks like a lot more work to steer when he has a couple kids in his lap.

3 comments:

  1. How fun to get to go and visit grandparents! I need to take my kids to visit my grandpa... thanks for reminding me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trip looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete