Happy Birthday to Ally (On March 17th)! We had lots of fun for Ally's birthday this year. We were actually in Burley with my family for my sister's wedding so we got to have lots of family around.
This is a picture of Ally shopping for all the things we needed for her birthday party (and Aunt Kristin's bridal shower). She loved getting to push her own cart and kept going really fast and ran into quite a few heels. I got to the point I wouldn't walk in front of her for fear of getting ran over. I wish she would walk that fast when she didn't have a cart in front of her while we shopped.
We went to a little bounce house place in Heyburn, which is right next to Burley and Ally had lots of fun. I think the only time she wasn't smiling was when her and her cousin Charlie ran into each other. Unfortunately his forehead was level with her nose.
Uncle Monty got in on the action with his daughter Mya.
Cousin Ethan my brother Jacob's son made it. He was so sweet and loved getting his picture taken.
Brya striking a pose and having lots of fun playing and getting to miss school. Shayla came to but refused to play until right before we left. She was tired so Josh or I ended up holding her most of the time.
Ally and cousin Kendra having a super fun time right after going down one of the slides (a little too close to the same time, I thought they were going to crash into each other! I am glad the workers didn't see or we would have been in trouble.)
This is cousin Charlie. Ethan's little brother. I am surprised I got a picture this good of him. He ran and hid every time he saw me with the camera pointed at him.
Josh was a big kid at the party and even set a bad example by jumping in a game that was meant to be played with not played on. After he got in he threw all the kids in and they played in it forever. I finally made them get out because I was worried someone that worked there was going to tell them to get out. (The place wasn't monitored much by the staff so we got away with quite a bit I think.)
This was Ally's birthday treat. I didn't want to worry about a cake because we were also trying to get ready for a bridal shower and a wedding reception. Not to mention my kids really aren't that crazy about birthday cake anyway. So other than not having an ice cream spoon to make the ice cream form into pretty ball shaped scoops it turned out pretty cute.
Here is the birthday girl again! She had a huge turn out for her fifth birthday party and really enjoyed the attention.
Great Grandpa Bates made it just in time for ice cream cones and he even teased me about feeding some to my baby. He better not have when I wasn't looking...

Happy Birthday Ally!!! 5 is the best age! What a dang cute idea with the ice cream! If Grandpa Bates is anything like my dad, he totally fed him ice cream!
ReplyDelete