Friday, March 4, 2011

30 years old

Last Wednesday we celebrated Josh's 30th birthday. We went out on a date to celebrate tonight and I was accused twice of looking like I was in high school. I think Josh was feeling pretty good about himself because no one told him he looked like he was in high school. (We usually share the accusation.) He thinks it's from all of his grey hair. Which might be true. 


Don't worry he is not dead. He is just sleeping. He is working a graveyard shift right now so now he sleeps a lot while we are awake so this picture seamed to fit our lives right now. 


I had some plans to have the girls make some special birthday cards for Josh and things got a little crazy and it never happened, but I did ask them what they wanted to say to him for his birthday. They were definitely worth recording. 


Dear Daddy,

I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I love you very very very much. I very love you because you are 30 years old. I am so proud that you are 30 years old. That ‘s very old. You can take us girls anywhere. Your whole family loves you very much.

Love Brya


Dear Daddy,

Thank you for your lovely day that you tell us about. And thank you that you are a wonderful daddy. I hope you have a happy birthday.

Love Ally



This next one is from Shayla.

Puppy gog. Clap clap. A daddy. Happy bupty daddy. I said happy daddy daddy, mama. I love lou.







Here are  a few pictures from our little family party. I really wanted to throw a party for Josh's 30th birthday but he didn't really want one and since it was his birthday I complied with his wished. Even though I did need a good reason to give the house a thorough cleaning. 



The girls wanted to help decorate the cake, but it was getting late and so I thought they could make some fancy numbers to put on the cake that showed how old daddy is. They did write the numbers, but it turned out to be more of little notes. Since the notes were big and very flammable we skipped the candles. Josh just blew on the notes when we were done singing to him to make it feel like there were candles on the cake. 

 

I tried to make it so you could read the notes, the flash didn't do so well up so close to the white paper and it was too dark not to use it so hopefully you can make out what they say. I think Josh actually was the scribe for Ally's note in this picture.





The girls really were happier than they look in this picture. They just couldn't wait to eat cake and have Daddy open his presents. 


4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!! Josh! Wow, you sure are getting old, hehehe. What grey hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He actually has quite a bit of grey hair. I think it was mostly stress induced but he definitely has some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all. Happy birthday Josh. I can't believe that Shayla is talking - that's too cute!

    ReplyDelete