Monday, March 7, 2011

Sylvester Girls

Brya 


Brya has become our little fashionista. This is an outfit that she created. The "dress" she is wearing is actually one of my skirts that have some plastic loops sewn in to hang it up with that she used for shoulder straps and then we fastened it with a clip in the back so it would stay up. Josh was actually really concerned about her wearing this to school but I told him that it actually looked better than a few other outfits she had worn to school. As long as an outfit is modest and warm enough for the weather I have decided to not fight too much what my children wear. I figured it's better to get those independent needs met and figured out now while most kids are totally apathetic to what other kids are wearing.

Brya is also taking off with reading. She keeps surprising me with things she can read. She struggled at first with school in more ways than one, but now she mostly likes going and is doing really well with her work. She has also been using the word awkward a lot. She doesn't quite understand exactly what it means yet so it's a little funny when she uses it sometimes. 

I also have to say that having a baby with a child old enough to be in charge of other kids and able to help fulfill some of their basic needs makes life quite a bit easier. Brya has been a great helper and so sweet. She even makes me snacks that have whole grain, protein, and some fresh fruits and vegetables. She is amazing. I love her as big as the universe. 


Ally



Ally is going to be 5 years old in less than a couple of weeks. She is having the hardest time out of everyone adjusting to our many changes right now. Part of her troubles come from her being at the age where she can do pretty much everything she needs to on her own and she isn't involved in things that she needs help on so unfortunately sweet little Ally has to wait a lot to get attention for things she wants to do or say. 


She is totally ready and waiting to be in school and I think she is really going to take off once that time comes in just a matter of months. I actually can't believe it. I am not looking forward to her leaving home for school. 


Ally is known right now as our puzzle queen. She is doing 150 piece puzzles by herself in an hour or so. Some days she works on them for a few minutes here and there and they will sit on the table or counter for a couple days. Other days she will put together 5-6 different puzzles in one day. She is amazing. She has always been our patient girl who will keep at something until she gets it.  


When Ally prays she always says lovely prayers. She often says things like, "thank for our hopes and dreams and hearts," lately she also says thank you for our "eternal flame" and of course you are not saying a lovely prayer if you don't say thank you for our "lovely day" and our "lovely food." I love Ally as much as Jesus' powers. 



Shayla




Thank goodness Elmo is keeping Shayla a bit more modest in this picture. I can definitely say that Shayla is totally potty trained. Other than her inability to reach the big bathroom toilet by herself. She hasn't had a single accident in days and the last few nights we have really had to talk her into wearing a diaper to sleep in. I think she is our earliest potty trainee at 2 months over 2. 

Shayla either is having a really hard time with everyones names our else she really has it down and is really good at teasing us. She is constantly calling me, Daddy and Josh, Mama and Ally, Brya. Luckily for Brya she has always been Brya and Eli has always been Ally (like the friendly nation not her sister-that is confusing and we didn't realize it when we spelled Ally's name that way.) Anyway, tonight she kept calling herself "you" when we asked who she was and I finally gave her this really fast and complicated explanation where I told her that she is you to me and I am I to me and I pointed and thought I was being funny by talking to her that way and she actually kind of got it and started calling herself "I" instead of "you."
I love Shayla more than she loves being naked!

2 comments:

  1. They are getting so big! That was fun to read and learn more about them and their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! They are getting big. Especially Shayla. WOW! Yo haven't been gone THAT long. I can't believe how much she has grown up. Your girls are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete