Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I am catching up on a few things I would like posted on here since we have been doing so much lately and recording so little of it. We actually carved pumpkins this year, which was a lot of fun and a little crazy. With Jessica here it has made us try harder to keep up with our traditions. I am glad to have the incentive to do it because most of the time it is just easier not to with so many young children about. It definitely has made things more memorable for us and has helped me remember it really is worth the extra effort to have these memories. Not to mention we love eating roasted pumpkin seeds!


A bunch of these pictures turned out a little blurry and I can't even blame it on my children. It was me taking the pictures. I am not really sure what was going on though. Josh's blurry arm in this picture makes it look like he was moving really fast though.


Here are Brya and Ally waiting to dig into their pumpkins with their home depot aprons on while Jessica and I are trying to get the tops off.

Shayla sat their forever with her little pumpkin carving knife that she insisted on having and poked her pumpkin with it while the rest of us carved and scooped out the insides.


I can say that this picture was taken by Ally. Which is why you can only see part of Jessica's head. This was Jessica's first time carving pumpkins. We had her carve the big one after she helped us get the girls done and she worked on it for a long time after we had the girls cleaned up and their mess put away. She even looked up some ideas for her pumpkin face on the internet so it would look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment