I have been meaning to post this for some time. It is basically a chore chart that we call the reward board and it has worked really well for our family. Whenever the girls do their chores or something that we feel is "reward worthy" they get to move up a space on the little track they choose to climb. When they get to the top the earn the reward they chose like choosing what we have for dinner, watching a family movie with popcorn, or getting a special play date. I love how well it is making them be responsible for their things, but it also just gives us some fun family time that we can do together when they earn their rewards. It isn't difficult to keep doing because the pieces are all magnets and we can move them around however and I am giving my kids special family time that they love.
The board also has a couple stops along the way that give them a chance to draw a reward card that just gives them extra encouragement like a high-five or a hug from the family. One of my favorite features of the board is that it has made it easier for me to not get frustrated trying to get them to do what I ask. I got the idea from a friends blog who did something similar and tried to make it fit our family and be as easy as possible to keep using. We love it!

Super Super cute!! I really need to be better about chores with my kids....
ReplyDelete